Glengarry Hilton Glengarry Opal Fields
Our pub in the middle of the Grawin Opal fields opens at 11 am till late 7 days a week.
Our Tuckervan is open for Lunch 12 pm-2 pm and Dinner 6 pm-8 pm 7 days a week (winter months), days may vary in the summer months.
Beer, wine and spirits available at the bar, either in bottles or cans (no tap beer).
The menu at the Tuckervan is pub grub; burgers, Schnitzels, steaks, etc.
- Free camping is available, just pick your spot and set up for a short or extended stay.
- Hot communal showers are available (a small fee applicable), keys available at the bar
- 24/7 flush toilets
- Washing machine available (small fee applicable)
- ATM and Smoke Machine on site.
- Eftpos and Cash excepted.
- Backpacker style accommodation, linen and towels provided.
- Inside and outside dining areas.
- Firepit outside, pot belly style fire in the inside dining area and another outside at the bar.
- Pet friendly. Must be on a lead at all times. No dogs in rooms. Water bowl available. Pets allowed in free camp area but must stay at campsite. Dogs not to be left unattended
Don’t forget to sign your name on any wall before you leave, you could also leave your hat!
Easter Weekend is their biggest weekend of the year with a seafood buffet on Good Friday and a live band Sunday night.
They can cater for any functions from a great of 2 to up to 500 people.
The Glengarry Hilton started in the back of a Rabbit chiller providing beer for the thirsty miners. As the supply was not very consistent the miners decided they would build their own pub that part of the pub is still in use today. As the pub had no license and the police were fully aware of the sly grog shop many attempts were made to catch the then owner. The bush telegraph was always faster giving the patrons time to remove the illegal booze. The owner of the Glengarry Hilton was never charged for selling illegal booze. In 1993 The Glengarry Hilton became legal by obtaining a liquor license.
Grawin, Opal Fields Rd, Cumborah NSW 2832
02 6829 3983 firstname.lastname@example.org
# outback pub # opal